Friday, June 5, 2020

Gulf of Mexico (Part 2)

We drove an hour south to the beach on Sunday. The couple of days we spent there were so fun and I got a lot of awesome bird photos. I've gotten a bit tired of seeing the same Oregon birds over and over, so it was really nice to see all these new birds.
 This is a Black-Bellied Whistling Duck on the side of a little stream.

 Me and my Grandma saw this cormorant by a little pond near our condo. Sadly, we discovered it had a fishing lure stuck on it's back.


 I believe this is a Willet, but I'm not 100% sure.

 There were a LOT of Laughing Gulls on the beach.

 I'm not quite sure what this little bird is (since all sandpipers look super similar), but my best guess is that it's a Western Sandpiper.


 I took this photo of a Snowy Egret from the balcony of our condo. I love the egret's bright yellow feet.

 This is a Roseate Spoonbill which I was very happy to see. It was by a little stream, but I accidentally scared it and it flew up and perched on the power line.

 I'm pretty sure this is a Eastern Kingbird. Whatever it is, it's really pretty.

 A White Ibis by the beach.

 I saw this little birdy twice on the boardwalk to the beach. I think it's a juvenile Eastern Meadowlark.

 Another Willet at the beach.

 I LOVE these photos I got of this heron. Sadly, I don't know what type of heron it is....

 These are probably my favorite bird pictures I've ever taken.


 A Brown Pelican diving for his dinner.

I hope you enjoyed these photos. I had a great time taking them :)

1 comment:

Mountain Bluebirds & Raptors

        This weekend we went to Sunriver! It was a super fun weekend and I saw some cool birds!      On our way home we stopped by the paint...