Friday, June 5, 2020

Brazos Bend State Park (Part 3)

On the last day, we went to Brazos Bend State Park, which we had gone to three years earlier, on our last trip to Texas. This is what I was most excited for, since a lot of awesome birds reside there. Wetlands and swamps are some of the best places to go birding.

 I saw many Common Gallinules (Or Common Moorhens) all around the park.



 I was very very happy to see an Anhinga. I love the pattern on their wings.



 They are also sometimes called "snakebirds" because of their long necks.

 A female Northern Cardinal.

 Another bird I was very excited to see was this Yellow-Crowned Night-Heron. They are so pretty.


 I saw two Little Blue Herons.


 A Green Heron (a species I've been wanting to see for a long time), ready to dive.


 These two Black-Bellied Whistling Ducks were posing perfectly for me!

 It was super exciting to see all these new birds. I hope you enjoyed the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mountain Bluebirds & Raptors

        This weekend we went to Sunriver! It was a super fun weekend and I saw some cool birds!      On our way home we stopped by the paint...