Monday, February 8, 2021

Mountain Bluebirds & Raptors

       This weekend we went to Sunriver! It was a super fun weekend and I saw some cool birds!

    On our way home we stopped by the painted hills and I saw lots of Mountain Bluebirds there. I had never seen them before so it was exciting. 


    They were pretty skittish, but I got a few good photos! They are so pretty.
    We also went back to the nature center in Sunriver, which I was excited about. There is a lake by the nature center where they released a Trumpeter Swan, and there are lots of birds that gather there. Above is a Belted Kingfisher that was flying from tree to tree.
Above is an American Coot, I see them a lot in the Columbia River.

Here is the male Trumpeter Swan. There was also a female one in a cage, a sign said that they are planning to release her in a week or so, but she is getting used to the environment first.

They have lots of raptors at the nature center in captivity, because they wouldn't survive in the wild alone. The center was closed, but we could still see this Swainson's Hawk because it was outside. There was also a Hawk-Owl (I'm not sure what type) but I couldn't get any great photos of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mountain Bluebirds & Raptors

        This weekend we went to Sunriver! It was a super fun weekend and I saw some cool birds!      On our way home we stopped by the paint...